With the release of iOS 8.3, apple just ruined the desires of cydia lovers. But, after 3 months of development and coding, the guys at TaiG have come up with a solution to jailbreak iOS 8.3. The method which i’m going to show you today, will work on iOS 8.1.3 and 8.2 also.
We will here use TaiG 2.1.1 which has numerous fixes like that of Cydia Substrate.
The supported devices for the TaiG 2.1.1 jailbreak tool are –
- The iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 and 6 Plus.
- The iPad Air 1 and 2.
- The iPad Mini 1,2 and 3.
- The iPad 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen and 4rth Gen.
- The iPod touch 5th generation.
The TaiG 2.1.1 tool is currently available for windows only. But there is a solution for mac users untill TaiG comes up with a separate version for mac. The mac users can install a virtual machine called parallels desktop which will allow them to run Windows on their mac.
TaiG 2.1.1 Errors And Fixes –
The version of TaiG which we are using here has numerous fixes. But still users are facing some problems such as ‘Loading stuck at 20%’, ‘Apple driver not found’. I am providing the error fixes before the jailbreak procedure so that you guys don’t run into any kind of trouble. Actually these errors are caused due to the latest version of iTunes. So, all you have to do is downgrade your iTunes by following these steps –
- Go to start and click on control panel.
- Now go to uninstall program.
- Now select iTunes and click on uninstall.
- Once the uninstall is complete, repeat the same with ‘Bojour’, ‘Apple software update’, ‘Apple mobile device support’ and ‘Apple application support’.
- This will completely uninstall the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Now, all you have to do is, download and install iTunes 12.0.1 from here (32-Bit version) or here (64-Bit version). While installing the iTunes 12.0.1, make sure that you uncheck ‘Automatically update iTunes and other apple software’.
How To Jailbreak iOS 8.3 –
- First of all, run iTunes 12.0.1 and make a backup of your device.
- Now, go here and download and install TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.1.1.
- Now, connect your apple device which is to be jailbroken and run TaiG 2.1.1. If you have done all the steps correctly, TaiG will detect your apple device.
- Now, before pressing the jailbreak button, there are some more steps to do on your apple device –
=> Go into settings-> iCloud -> and turn off Find my iPhone.
=> Now, go ahead and turn off any kind of passcode or touch ID.
- Now, maximise TaiG and uncheck ‘3K Assisstant’. Once you have that done, click on ‘Start’.
- If you have correctly followed all the steps, you will not face any kind of errors and TaiG will say ‘Jailbreak Succeeded’.
- Now, disconnect your device from the computer and run Cydia. Once you click on Cydia, it will do some preparations and your device will restart after some time.
- After you device is restarted, it is successfully jailbroken and you can tweak it by using Cydia.
So, that’s it for a noob type of tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 8.3 devices without any errors. I hope you guys enjoyed. If you have any kind of queries, then do leave us a comment down below, and we will do our best to answer them.