Yu has already rocked the Indian markets with its Yureka, and now it has introduced the Yuphoria, trying to cover each and every area of the smartphone segment. If you are looking for a guide to root your Yuphoria, then this is a one stop shop to do so.
Note- We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device. However, we will try our best to get your device recovered from any disastrous situations.
This guide consists of 3 sections –
- How to unlock Yu Yuphoria’s bootloader.
- How to hotboot CWM recovery.
- How to root Yu Yuphoria by flashing SuperSU.
Download the rooting kit from here.
Before we go into the process, let do make some necessary settings on your Yuphoria.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and tap build number 7-10 times until you see a popup stating ‘You are now a developer’.
- Press back and now a new section called ‘Developer Options’ will appear in settings. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
- Now scroll down and turn on USB Debugging.
- Now make a backup of all your data as the next step will wipe all the data present in the Internal Memory.
- Make sure you have 70-80% battery to prevent unexpected failures.
How To Unlock Yu Yuphoria’s Bootloader –
- Extract the adb_fastboot file in a new folder in your C:/ drive.
- Power Off your phone.
- While continuously pressing the Volume Up key, connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- You will get a black screen stating ‘Fastboot Mode’ at the middle.
- As soon as you plug your phone into the PC, windows will start installing drivers all by itself. Please wait for the installation to complete.
- After the drivers have been installed successfully, go to the folder where you have extracted adb_fastboot file.
- While pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, right click in the folder and select ‘Open Command Prompt Here’. The command prompt will open up.
- Now type the following command to check if your device has been detected in the fastboot mode.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
- You’ll get an error if the drivers aren’t installed successfully. However, if you don’t get any error, you may proceed to the next step.
- Now, run the following command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Now, run the following command to reboot your device to system.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
Now, that you have successfully completed the first step, let’s jump onto the next step.
How To Hotboot CWM Recovery –
- Hotbooting is way of temporarily introducing a custom recovery in your recovery partition. As soon as you reboot your device, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock cyanogen recovery.
- Now, since we have to flash supersu zip from a hotbooted recovery, you first need to copy the supersu zip from the rooting kit to the sd card of your phone.
- Now, copy the yuphoria-cwm-recovery file from the rooting kit to the folder where you extracted adb_fastboot.
- Using the same old method, go to fastboot mode and open command prompt. Now, type the following command.
fastboot -i 0x2A96 boot yuphoria-cwm-recovery.img
- The above command will boot your yuphoria into cwm recovery.
How To Root Yu Yuphoria By Flashing SuperSU –
Now that you are in cwm recovery, to flash SuperSu zip on your device, you need to follow these steps-
- Select ‘Install zip from sd card’ and navigate to the place where you copied the SuperSU file.
- Now, select ‘Yes’. It will flash the SuperSU zip on your phone.
- You should now have root access on your phone. After rooting, it is recommended to install Busybox.
- Download Busybox installer app from playstore and follow the instructions to install it.
Congratulations, you’ve rooted your Yu Yuphoria! Enjoy!