If you landed on this page from a search engine, then chances are high that you have bricked your Yu Yureka or stuck in a bootloop. But now, since you are here, you just need to keep calm and follow the tutorial carefully. This noob friendly tutorial will show you how to unbrick Yu Yureka by running a simple script with the click of a button. This script will flash the factory images of your Yu Yureka but the status of your bootloader will remain as it was.
- Make sure that you have 70-80% battery on your phone.
- You need a PC and a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Flashing the factory firmware will wipe all the data present in the internal memory. So, make a backup of that if you can.
- Download the flash tools from here.
- Download the factory firmware from the official Cyanogen Support Page.
Steps To Flash Factory Firmware –
- Extract the flashtools zip in a new folder on the desktop.
- Extract the factory firmware zip in the same folder and make sure that all of the flashtools files are also present.
- Now, power off your phone. If you are stuck in a bootloop, then pull out the battery and reinsert it. (Do not switch on the phone.)
- While pressing the Volume Up key, connect your phone to the PC with the help of a USB cable.
- You should now see the fastboot logo on your device. If you did, leave the Volume Up key. (If you do not see the logo, retry the process.)
- Now go to the folder where you extracted the flash tools and factory firmware and run the flash-all.bat by double clicking on it.
- A command window will open and the flashing procedure will start. (Make sure that your device does not disconnect from your PC during the procedure.)
- The command window will automatically close once the procedure is completed.
- Disconnect your device and boot it up by pressing the Power button. (Since this is first boot after flashing the firmware, it may take upto 5 minutes.)
Hurray, you just restored your Yu Yureka back to the holy Cyanogen! if you are any facing difficulties in the process, then feel free to ask me in the comments section below.
Credits – ArnavG (Yuplaygod Forums) and Cyanogen Team.