The recent launch of Oneplus 5T has left the existing Oneplus 5 owners fuming. With the same price tag, better screen and camera, there’s no doubt that Oneplus 5T is a great device. To calm down OP5 owners, Oneplus has finally released the first official Android Oreo build for the Oneplus 5. Although it is a beta version, but during our short test of the build, it is very stable in day to day scenarios and can be used as a daily driver.
Whats New ?
- Picture in Picture
- Smart text selection
- Parallel apps
- And all of the other android oreo features.
So, in this tutorial, i’m going to show you how to update your oneplus 5 to android oreo officially. You are NOT going to need any kind of superuser access. The whole process is risk free, easy to follow and won’t hamper your device’s warranty by any means. If you run into any trouble, you can always roll back to the previous stable build by following similar steps.
- Make sure that you have at least 50% juice left on your Oneplus 5
- Backup important data and applications. Updating to Android Oreo won’t wipe any data, but if you happen to dislike the update and decide to roll back, then a full wipe will be required.
- Download the Oneplus 5 Official Android Oreo Open Beta 1 update from here.
- Transfer the rom.zip from PC to your from via a USB cable.
- Now, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- For this, power off your device completely and the press and hold ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons simultaneously.
- Select the language of your choice.
- Now, click on ‘Install from internal storage’ and find the zip which you’ve copied from the PC.
- Click on install to confirm and wait for the process to finish. The process might take 4-5 minutes to complete, so don’t panic.
Voila! You’ve install Android Oreo on your Oneplus 5 successfully. If you face any issues, do let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to resolve your problems.