MIUI 9 is certainly one major update from the company. Here, in this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. This method does not require unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery or root access but is only valid for the Snapdragon 625 variant.
Since MIUI 9 is still in development stages, there are 2 testing versions of MIUI 9 available to install on Redmi Note 4
- Alpha Version – This version will get quick updates but will be more prone to bugs.
- Beta Version – This version will get slower updates but will be less prone to bugs.
So, depending on your requirements, you can choose any of the above versions. Our recommendation will be to choose Beta version. These roms will not have Gapps and some chinese bloatware will be there.
- Make sure that you have atleast 50% battery in your device.
- You need a PC and a micro USB cable
- Download and install the xiaomi flash tool from here.
- Download the MIUI 9 beta rom for redmi note 4 from here. Extract it in a separate folder.
- Switch off your phone.
- Now, press and hold ‘Power + Volume Down’ buttons simultaneously. Let go the buttons once you see the fastboot logo.
- Now, connect the phone to PC with a micro USB cable.
- Open the xiaomi flash tool and click on refresh. Your device should show up.
- Now, click on select and navigate to the folder where you have extracted the rom. Select that folder and click on flash.
- The process will take quite a bit of time to complete. So, be patient.
- Once, the process gets completed, disconnect the phone from the PC and let it boot.
- The first boot will take a lot of time. So, be patient.
If you face any problems, do let us know in the comments section below.